Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Good morning, Blogosphere! (Hi, Mr. Doctorow!)

It's been a while since I've actually been able to blog something properly. At least three draft posts scattered through my various pads and notebooks but it's almost no use to post them without some serious revising. Darn my habit of writing as if I will for sure post it right away! Anyway, I've been inspired by a certain beautiful muse to write something, to keep on carving out this little niche in the hugely vast world wide interwebs. Where to start?

In just under two hours, I'll be tuning in to MuchMoreMusic to join the millions of viewers around the world that will watch michael Jackson's public memorial being broadcast from Los Angeles' Staple Center. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm watching this memorial out of my own free will, meaning I wasn't "mindwashed" to by the media blitzkrieg, I wasn't goaded into it by any of my friends, I just want to watch it. I was a real fan of Michael Jackson, not of the Michael that was in the bad spotlight, but the rest of him. Take that statement however you like, but I'm choosing to remember Michael Jackson as the brilliant performer and passionate individual that had a lot of things going for him, good and bad. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and my fellow fans who are saddened by his leaving, as well as a huge thank you to everyone that has kept MJ in their thoughts. You're not selling out, you're not going soft, you're just giving another human being a little respect, that's all. Here's a beautiful tribute medley by one of my favourite subscriptions ilajil. His was the first tribute I watched and heard, and I hope he won't be the last.



I will be returning later today with a review of the memorial itself (maybe).

Last but certainly not least, I'd like to proudly pronounce the coming of my very own Blogroll! There are a couple blogs I try to visit regularly and a blogroll will help me with that, as well as give those blogs a little shameless advertising from me. Like, for example, the extremely well-written and fantastically opinionated new blog named 19 Degrees by a close personal friend of mine. I do hope you check it out!

Sayonara!

~vickie

PS - Oh, Jordan Sparks, you silly girl! I know it's a little before your time but face it: Pat Benatar already proclaimed it true: Love IS a Battlefield!

No comments: