Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another year, another Stanley Cup Final; 'Grats Pens!

Oh, tingles galore! The clock ticking to zero in the third, the replay of Fleury's leaping save in the dying seconds, watching each player look like the happiest bunch of 8-year-old boys in the world as they leap and cheer o top of each other... This is one of the purest displays of emotion in professional sports. This is what dreams are made of and come true upon.

And as the announcer listed owners, coaching staff and other notables, he finished to say that Crosby will be the youngest Captain to ever hoist the Cup. I'm telling you, I teared up then and almost cried. The accumulation of hopes, dreams and satisfaction reverberated from Crosby and those players to penetrate any hockey fan's soul.

So that's that. Beyond the NHL awards next week, drafts and training camps in the distant fall future, all that's left to do is shave off that scruff (sometimes sexy) playoff beard, break out the golf clubs and go spend some time with family and friends, preferably warm and green. Maybe take that trip to Paris that you've always wanted. Heck, you can afford it now, Mr. Major League Hockey Player!

Funny thoughts during the game:
  1. "Holy crap, does Marc Andre Fleury sound and look SO French, or what?!"
  2. "Malkin's kind of cute...goofy looking, but cute."
  3. "It sure sucks to be Hossa right now. Seriously."
  4. "Man, every time I watch the replay of Fleury's last save, I almost pee myself."
To finish, I promised I'd include Tammi in here somewhere so but unfortunately my phone when and deleted the messages I have from her. I assure you that most of her texts that night were something like this:

Oooooooh myyyyy gooooooood, PITTSBURG!!!

Right, Tammi?

~Vickie

No comments: