Sunday, August 07, 2011

So I cried tonight. This guy named Trey, a friend of my best friend, was being a total ass on Achaea. Nothing different than usual, but today it really, REALLY got to me.

Anyway, the guy was razzing me (as per usual) and I just got so mad. Like crying angry.

He had no right or reason to be an ass to the people on our clan channel (Kind of like an out-of-character chat room within the game) Luckily he stopped and after I cooled down a bit, I sat down with the other guy he was being an jerk to, my other best friend who is also in the clan with us. I told him that I was still so upset and this guy always rubs me the wrong way. He told me that he doesn't let the jerk get to him, to treat him like an 8 year old with a temper tantrum and take all he says with a grain of salt. I raged back again saying that he DOES know better and I couldn't understand why anyone could be like that to someone they don't know. My friend just told me that the jerk didn't bother him so why should it bother me? I simply stated that he was my best friend and no one talks to my best friend that way if I have something to say about it. I continued on saying I guess I get defensive that way because if it were ME getting ragged on, I'd want someone to step up for me. I may not necessarily need the rescue, but I'd just want someone to show they cared.

And that's when I realized the reason why I put up with the assholery that these guys bring and why it upsets me so much when I get fed up with their bullshit. I'm just waiting for that day that my best friend will stand up for me...because a lot of the time I feel like she won't. And it breaks my heart.

Maybe I'm just too sensitive. The thick skin I've supposedly grown still isn't really that thick.

~Vic

No comments: